Monday, September 28, 2009

Rest




This past weekend has been anything but restful for me.... After my long night thursday I had a full day friday. Zoey had a Pageant in Atlanta so it was coach time for me. I was exhausted when we got there, and the events of the night before still bothered me.

I found my self wondering how she went from the girl in the dora dora pajamas to the diva in the dress. I know she's so pretty she hurts.

This weekend was as God filled as it could have been. Before we were even fifteen minutes from home my mother got three tickets. Then the first hotel room had mold in it, the second room had ants in it, and on the way home the battery was dead in the car.
If that wasn't a sign from God I don't know what is.

This weekend more than ever I fully came to terms with what it means to rest in the lord. Between all the running around and chasing Zoey throughout the hotel and going all day long without eating, and then taking a two year old on stage was not exactly my idea of a restful weekend. But we learn to roll with the punches.

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. (Psalm 62:1-2)

.

No comments: