Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Rebuilding and Healing

This is not exactly what I intended to post today and yet somehow God has shown me that I will fix your relationships but in my time not yours.

How many of us have said ok Lord if it's not your will to fix this, then please show me how to let it go.. can't be just me... and how many of us have gone a few months and then finally we hand it to him and we're so relieved and feel so much better and all is right with the world..... then he hands is back.

I've never handed him anything and had him hand it back to me. Until yesterday. I'm not going pretend that my initail reaction wasn't a horrible one. The gut reaction I recieved was one of feeling sick. I couldn't understand why he had handed it back to me. Then today I was despirately searching for a verse in the bible on confilcts with brothers in christ and thanks to the wonderful Cheryl I found my answer in Matthew 18:15-16:If your brother sins against you,[a] go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Sometimes we have to help ourselves by following God's words exactly and then only then will he deliever what we ask.

In the moment of panic I thought my father had forgotten me and was somehow punishing me. Yet I have learned that he was only showing his child in his mercyfull and loving way that I skipped a step and you can't hand it to me until you do exactly what I've told you to do.

The moral of the story is read your directions nad you can't go wrong especially when it's the direct word of God.

No comments: