Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pressure

We all experience it at one point in time or another. It's the worst feeling in the world. And if your like me it can literally shut your body down for anywhere between 5-30 minutes. Yes, we all know that Beth is prone to panic attacks.

Over the last several weeks I've had a few of these violent things and let me tell you i wouldn't jump right to fun. I have however learned that scripture is one of the few things that makes it eaiser to deal with things. I'm going to talk about my teacher Mrs. Ware again, only becasue she said something to me that rings so true. She and I were chatting and she looked at me and said Beth we serve a God who can handle anything we hand to him and we are equipped to handle anything he hands to us. So just hand it over and he will take care of it.

How simple is that and yet I still find myself doubting that the God that helped me yesterday couldn't possibly help me today. During my bible study this week the topic was breaking boundaries. The speaker stated that we all put God in this little box and we carry it around with us everywhere. But our boxes are filled with things he's done for us in the past and we don't usually leave room for him to do new things for us in the future. So the God we serve takes our boxes turns them upside down and shakes them. yall see what Im getting at here.

I know I put him in a box daily and think well I can handle this myself. Which by the way if your trying out this philosophy too let me save you sometime it never works.

I'm going to challenge each of you(including myself) to break some boundaries with God today and everyday for that matter. We have to learn that the God that helped us yesterday, can and will help us today, and tomorrow and for the rest of our lives. IF we let him..

Casting the whole of your care all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. 1 Peter 5:7

Here's the final thought we serve a God who is just as concerned about our worries and troubles and triumphs as we are. If it concerns us I promise it concerns him.

Beth

No comments: