Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Faith

I learned a long time ago that fear and faith can't go exist and that sometimes you have to literally swallow fear and take a step forward in faith.

As you can probably already tell faith is going to be the topic of conversation today.

When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted. Psalm 138:3

Eventhough I know that God is faithful and will never leave me it still renders me speechless that he is so faithful to me when I'm not always faithful to him. I think that most of you will be able to relate to what I'm saying. I've been more fearful and therefore faithless in the last two weeks than I have been for most of my life. Things got rocky as they often do in life and the mess got bigger and just when I thought I'd forgotten something God showed me well no your still holding on to it just a little bit. I'm shaking now writing this.

In moments of weakness the man downstairs take advantage and if you let him he will take over. i've done some absolutly horrible things when I was scared. This is the one time that I can truthfully say that I didn't look for the fastest way out. I actually searched scripture and let God show me what to do. I did at times get discouraged and dismayed but I'm still standing on the promises of God. I want you to remember that as you go through the day and life well life happens and place that verse in your mind that he will answer you. I find it so comforting to know that no matter what else falls apart my God will never leave me to fight my battles alone.

No comments: