Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Wild

I want you all to know that I am doing an amazing bible study at my church called One in a Million. Last night God was speaking directly to me.

I was tired of being tested and feeling like I failed in someway. Situations that I thought I was done with, relationships I thought were over seemed to all at once be coming to the front line right in front of my face. I couldn't help but think I did not sign on for this. Amazingly that is what the bible study was on last night. It's a Priscilla Shirer, and she said those exact words God this is not what I signed on for. What spoke to me was that we are all in either one of three places we are about to go into the wilderness, we are in the wilderness, or we are just coming out of the wilderness. Which is so true.
The same God that helped me yesterday, can and will help me today. I needed to hear that and I hope somebody else needed to hear that to. We are all in the wilderness of life. God intends for us to be in the wilderness. you wanna know why now right. When we are faced with what seems to be impossible situations and if God doesn't do something we are going to be in a mess then we have no choice but to simply say God please take this I can't do it.
And in reality he wants us to do just that. Hand him every little thing that we need and I promise he will give you what you need. What if? Shouldn't even be in our vocabulary. But it is.

I needed to hear that. I have been literally scared and afraid for about two weeks now and I was at the point where I was just going to give in. Yet through his tender love he showed me that I'm still here. I have not handed you more than you can handle. Do what I told you to do and I will take care of the rest.

But he told me: "My kindness is all you need. My power is strongest when you are weak." So I will brag even more about my weaknesses in order that Christ's power will live in me. Therefore, I accept weakness, mistreatment, hardship, persecution, and difficulties suffered for Christ. It's clear that when I'm weak, I'm strong. (2 Corinthians 12.-9-10)

No comments: