Saturday, October 10, 2009

Wilderness

I'm sure we've all had more than our equal share of embarrassing moments. Well this week I believe I surpassed even my own expectations.

I have panic attacks which I've mentioned on here before. Wednesday was a new level of humiliation for me. I was taking a rather easy Algebra quiz that I for once knew how to work the problems in. Yet I quickly found myself unable to breathe. The next thing I knew I was on the floor with about fifteen different sets of eyes staring at me. It took a moment for me to realize where I was and exactly what was going on. Moments later after I'd thrown up twice, J.W. made her appearance very much out of breath. just as it was before it was Johnna to the rescue. Little bit johnna held my body weight that day as well as her own. without even a hint that any of this had inconvenienced her. She saw more of me that day then she probably ever wanted to see in her life, but didn't flinch a bit.

This all may seem very silly to you but it was immeasurable overwhelming to me. Her thing is, it's not a problem not big deal .However it is a huge deal. her kindness and generosity literally overwhelm me. I'm still suprised at just how, i guess, nurturing she is. To a student, me no less.
I find it amusing how God places people in our lives to make things eaiser, and remind us of how important having people to turn to really is. I never imagined that she would be the constant reminder that she is, and stay levelheaded and softspoken. So this blog is written just for her. As yet another way for me to remind her just how thankful I am.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls for he has no one to help him up.

No comments: