Monday, October 5, 2009

Still camping out

You'd think that after almost seven days the inital shock of it all would've worn off by now, but it hasn't.

I will admit that i'm no longer scared. It does trouble me to say that I feel like I already know just how hard the days ahead are going to be. It's like knowing something for yourself and waiting for the expert to confirm what you already know to be the reality of the situation.

I find myself like the Isralites still camped out by the mouth of the Jordan. They had it easy. They were there for 3 days, I'm at seven with a long way to go. yet the God that provided for them is the very same one who provided for me. and will keep providing for me. It would be foolish of me to assume that I'd seen what God could do. In the last four days alone he's completely shaken my preconceived notions of what he is capable of. He is always working, always watching, and always loving.

Just saying that last sentence amazes me that he is exactly that and so much more than I could ever possibly imagine. I'm so privileged to know that he is perfect and knows exactly what i need before I can even begin to form the question in my mind.

For now I am still camping awaiting and anticipating the awesomeness that is our GOD.

Psalms 27:14; wait for the lord; be strong and take heart, and wait for the lord.

No comments: