Friday, October 16, 2009

Standing on the Promises

I let myself be surprised every time that God does something for me. Eventhough the bible tells me that the word of God is truth and will be fulfilled.

How is it that with all the faith in the world we are still amazed at the ability of the father to take care of our needs and heal things that are broken.

Over the last few weeks I feel as though my entire world has been falling down around me and yet in moments of complete weakness and frustration I have learned that in those moments I have two defined choices. 1. I can go the God way, 2. The world way.
Which probably seems like a nobrainer but it's the most difficult decision to make. It's difficult to make the right choice yet in the midst of all other trials and tribulations God shows me that he is still very much right here with me and making sure that if I fall somebody will catch me.

The hardest thing for me to do is go straight the father. I have an entire little circle of women who love the lord and always have just the right words to get me through things. They always know exactly what I need to hear almost as if God himself tells them, Beth's coming this is what you need to say, tell her exactly that and then direct her to me.

The more I talk with God during the week and the more obedient I am the faster my prayer seem to be answered and in moments of weakness he shows me that he's still very much at work in my life. It shouldn't but it still does amaze me when he shows his love for me and the work he is still doing in my life.

2 Corinthians 10:5;We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

No comments: