Friday, August 21, 2009

Ye of little faith let me show you how God moves the Mountains

Yesterday when I first wrote on this blog i must admit I was shaking just as I am now. Thought that I believed %100 what I'd wrote. however through God's amazingness he showed me that I didn't completely trust in him entirely to give me the desires of my heart. So yesterday afternoon he restored me entirely and now I have given him every need that I have.

Before I begin the story of my wonderful divine appointment let me give you the bible part that goes along with it. Matthew 6:25-33; Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

On the way home from school while I was battling with myself for having the nerve to tell you all something that I was struggling with myself. I was so preoccupied that I didn't pay attention to the gas hand which had trickled on down to below E, and the moment i noticed the car came to an abrupt stop. I put my head on the sterring wheel and said this is just what i need Lord. To run out of gas when I might have $0.50 in my wallet, why did you let me run out of gas. Now in case yall don't remember we live in Georgia and during the months of June- October the humidity is such that you can literally wring the water out of your hair, and the heat index is about 103 degrees, so I was not a happy camper. In the mist of my frustration I prayed silently God you are bringing me some gas or I will sit here until somebody comes for me. I sat there for about 15 minutes and about 20 cars rode by and nobody stopped. When I was just about to start sweating like a pig a green truck pulled up beside me and rolled down the window.(thankyou god) He asked if I was ok as most men would and a little embarassed I stated that I had run out of gas, chuckling he said I can take you to get some gas. Even more embarassed I stated, Well that would be great except I have literally no money. Still smiling he said I can get you some gas that's not a problem either. Since I had literally never laid eyes on this man before in my life I was a litte hesitant, and I just simply stated that I appreciated it but I couldn't let him do that. He looked at me and said where I live we dont leave pretty girls on the side of the road, we can do this one of two ways you can come with me and get some gas or I can sit here with you until somebody comes and gets you and I see that your safe. Needless to say I went with him to get some gas but being a smart girl I text my preachers wife to let her know where I was, who I was with, and what had happened. Just in case this very sweet man decided to ax murder me.( it wasnt funny at the time but it is now) Without missing a beat he looked over to me and said you don't have to worry I'm not going to hurt you. And i believed him everybit. He told his name was Mark*, and he drove to several stores to find a gas tank, filled the gas tanks, made me sit in his car while he put the gas into my car then proceeded to give me additional money so that when I got home I could put more fuel in the car. He shook my hand and I thanked him many times over and he said it was a pleasure to meet you eventhough i'd rather it been undermore pleasant circumstances. (yall know I gave him my phone number so theres no need to write it)

I am still in utter amazement of just how kind this complete stranger was to me. I'd asked God to provide for me and he overwhelmed me and overexceeded my expectations. And in the process showed me that there are still Godly men and I have the one for you. I have not forgotten about the desires of you heart I put them there. And it gave me something else to write about today.

My faith was so little that God sent a precious gift to remind me of the big picture. If I hadnt run out of gas, had my normal crisis callers not been busy, then I wouldn't have had to just say you provide it for me Lord. I'm humbled in a way that I've never been before. For a fleeting moment I forgot He knows me inside and out, which only gave him the compassion to gently remind his daughter. Proverbs 3:5; Trust in the lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understandings in all your way acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.

Must go now I'm getting teary eyed.

Never forget the you are priceless to our father King Jesus.

Beth

No comments: