Sunday, August 23, 2009

Letting Go

This morning I had resigned myself to the assumption that I did't have anything to write about. Yet again God revealed to me that he would equip me to do his work, and he would finish what he started in me.

It's so hard to move forward isnt it? We all carry our sins with us. (Myself included) We cannot follow Jesus entirely if we are literally driving in reverse. What I mean by that is we hold on to our sin and often by doing that we are telling God that we are not worthy and our sin is our own. We are so busy looking back at our past mistakes that we hit something head on. As christains we dwell on the things that we've done wrong instead of looking forward at the work God could be doing right now. I'm as guilty of this as anybody is. I often sit and think God I've done so much wrong you couldn't possibly use me now. As gently as father can say, I don't know what your talking about.

Isaiah 43:18-19 says,; "Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not percieve it? I am mkng a way i the desert and streams in the wasteland."
Our God is so mercifull that the moment we confess our sins it's gone. He doesn't hold it over our heads. We place ourselves in bondage when we hold sin to ourselves.

Part of Following Jesus is letting go of our sin. Please pray that I can remember this myself.

I love you,
Beth

No comments: