Saturday, August 22, 2009

Forgiveness isn't a power.

Contrary to what you may think. There are times when things aren't going to work out. There will be times when it's hard and it hurts in places you didn't know you had. I'm not talking about boys.(for once) I'm talking about women.

Some of my biggest and most painful heartbreaks have been not from men but women that at one point in time or another I was so close to that my inner most private thoughts and fears were shared with. These wounds have lasted longer than a one any man ever infilicted upon me.

This is probably the only time that I won't give you a real life situation to go along with the point I'm making. Only because this cuts a little deeper and hurts me a little more than it should. I'm sure it will stirke a cord with some of you to.

Girls talk to girl it's a universal rule. We've been gabbing with one another since birth. We also are vicious and just down right mean to one another. Then when the feud is over we keep the fire going by outright refusing to forgive. We levarage forgiveness a weapon and use it to get what we desire and only when we seek to gain more than we already have.

What if Jesus was that way with us. What if he decided that everytime we sinned he would hold out on his forgiveness after we'd come before him and admitted the sin. How would you like it if our father decided that we were not worthy of his forgiveness and didn't give it to us until he'd gotten what he wanted. Doesn't sound really appealing does it?

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

As women we do this, and I'm guilty of it just as we are most certainly are. It's so much easier to just say I'm sorry than it is to ask do you forgive me. It's much harder to forgive ourselves than to forgive someone else. Remember that the next time you fight with someone.

No comments: