Thursday, August 27, 2009

Trouble

Apparently there is something in the water. Everywhere I turn someone else is getting married, or expecting a child and not necessarily in that order. I realize that as a christian I a designed and determined to wait for God's best for me.

At the same time though it's hard to remind yourself of that ultimate gift when everything around you is screaming where is mine. It becomes exhausting trying to put on a brave front when inside your screaming. I had to make like four phone calls and countless face to face breakdowns just to re-adjust myself to be comfortable with knowing that ultimatley it's going to all work out in the end.

I have to wonder though how did I so quickly forget that Daddy(that's what I call God so bear with me) was still in control and he still has the best waiting for his princess.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18;Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by dayFor our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

How quickly I had lost heart and how ready I was to just marry the first guy that asked and not only that just stop writing on this blog. All because the delights of my heart were not being answered when i wanted them too, and i'd offened people with this blog.

I wanted today more than anything for God to show me that there was still some hope. And my Dear Friend Amanda Ely was there as a beacon of light this morning to show me God throughly equips and is still in control. She too is a single college girl and Jesus dwells within her. It's not even a question I have to ask. I am thankful today that he surrounded me with women like Amanda and Joy who are such godly women and they listen to me vent and reassure and are ready with scriputre on the mind, and encourge when all hope seems lost.

My circle seems to be expanding and I love him for that. His love is new in me everyday and still suprises me. I could write a hundred lines more but I need to do lots of homework.

The thought for today:We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28

I will rest in the knowledge that Daddy is in control and I am on the waiting list!

love,
Beth

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm so proud of the choices you are making.

I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 27:13-14