Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The right stuff

As you can all tell I did not post yesterday. God threw me a curve ball and in my arrogance I doubted him. My dearest family memeber has just discovered that she is pregnant and we're only nineteen.

That wasn't what upset me ironically when it should've. I let myself for a moment panic.
On no everybody around me is pregnant and married. Maybe I just need to buy a tombstone and label it spinster now. I know a little dramatic but that's me.

Psalms 37:4 ; Delight yourself in the lord and he shall give you the desires of your heart.

I'm laughing now at how silly I was. Running around crying where is mine where is mine?
He has taken care of me for nineteen years why would he desert me now.


Today I'm going to talk about attitude. I have one you have one we all have one. But what we forget is that sometimes we are the only bibles' some people will ever read. So we have to show that Jesus dwells inside us at all times. Even when we're running late and kids are moving slower than we need them too. Or your almost finished with a paper and the electricity goes out before you can save( which has happened before) and then the words and actions you exhibt are not the ones you would if Jesus was in the room.
I have to remind myself all the time that i am not the general manager of the Universe and somethings are just out of my control. Yet when I give it to the one who is in control everything just falls into place. It never ceases to amaze me that he has absolutly everything under control and knows what the next step in my life is before I'm even near it.

The thought I'm leaving you with today is a verse that is taped on my bathroom mirror:
For Peace of mind resign as general manager of the universe.
Psalms 46:10; Cease striving and know that I am God.

Beth

No comments: