Thursday, August 20, 2009

Timing is everything

Psalms 37:7 Delight yourself in the lord and wait for his perfect timing.

Yes we've all been there. We wait for the perfect guy to ask us on a perfect date and then when he doesn't we say yes to the first thing male that moves. I'm speaking from personal experience girls been there, done that, got the tee-shirt and sent it back because it didnt' fit.

What we seem to forget,myself included, is that God has made the perfect man for each of us. I'm talking on day 7 when he rested from creating the beautiful world that we live in he shapped each of our spouses. I'm not dawging you out if you think and have PRAYED about the man you are currently with and you believe that is the one God made for you. What I am stating very inarticulately is that there is a definitave difference between something that's good and the best that God intends.

Are you with me so far?

I know that we are all in a rush to find a man keep a man and marry a man. It's been programmed in us since day one. But girls let's be honest would you rather have a steak or a hamburger? I know yall are thinking why is she talking about food, I thought we were talking about men. In this scenero a steak would be God's best the one that he created for you, and a hamburger would be not necesarily a bad man in fact he would probably be could probably the best you've ever had. (Stay with me here) The good is going to have BIG NEON SIGNS this is comfortable and I really like him. Your going to be so distracted by the good that you will miss the best.

How do you know if it is the best. First things first we all have to get on the same page. From now on I want you to pray fervently( which means without ceasing) for your future husbands. I also want you to pray that God will show you not the desires of your own heart, but HIS desires for your heart. If you ask he shall give it to you, most assuridly that is a promise from our father in Psalms 37:4.(look up that verse)

Ladies I'm going to let you ponder on what I've just joyfully unloaded on you, mostly because I have to go back to class.

Let me leave you with a final thought. If you forget everything else never forget just how priceless you are to your father King Jesus.

No comments: