Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hopeless chest

I can't believe I'm actually writing a blog about this. It's come to my attention this week that I dont have a hope chest. You all know what that is I'm sure most of you had one. It's usually like a wooden chest that you put things in that you'll use when your married.

I'm only nineteen and yes I know that seems young right now but not when a good 70% of the people you know are already married, engaged or having babies.Scary thought isn't it. Try being in the 30% that isn't married, engaged, or even in a relationship and tell me how fun that is.


At nineteen this should not even be on my todo list, but for some inexplicipable reason it is. sometimes I find it rather difficult to patientally wait for the Lord. I know that he has it all undercontrol and that my perfect person has already been made for me but somehow I can't even begin to imagine my life without someone.

As i was saying earlier I have accumilated things to go into a hope chest or as my nana called it my hopeless chest. I can't believe that I'd even call it that but at times that seems appropirate. There isn't a pospect in sight, and I don't see one in the near future either.

For the next couple of days i'm goin to meditate on Psalms 37:7; Rest in the lord and wait patiently for him.